Sunday, October 16, 2016

SEPTEMBER ROUND UP

September was crazy busy, with work, travel, illness, and challenges.
 
It started beautifully with J and I attending Lizotte’s to see Vince Jones. My friend V had tickets but was sick, so J & I went for him. What a sublime evening that was. Jazz and red wine, and great company...what more do you need! Vince may have aged (I didn’t recognise him), but his voice certainly hadn’t, rich and smooth, with a divine backing band, this was perfection indeed!





My nephew had his first ever Grand Final for Soccer, and what a match it was. They went down by 1, but fought hard, and that is all you can expect.



I
 attended my school reunion, and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, lol! Caught up with some lovely people I hadn’t seen in years. I am glad I went, as the evening progressed it was interesting from a sociological pov, as some seemed to revert back to the school yard behaviour. I try not to judge, you don’t know what fresh hell people are walking through to revert like that. But nonetheless, it was a far less stressful evening than I thought it would be.
 
I did wake the following day with a horrendous headcold, who knows from where, the wind and shouting at the soccer, or kissing too many people at the reunion. It came quick and fast and went down hill fast too...sigh. It  was Father’s Day though, and we gave Dad and my brother-in-law a great day at my sister’s property!


The following week, my headcold turned to bronchitis and a strong chest infection.
 
And the following weekend I flew to Melbourne for a long weekend break. I was pretty sick most of the trip, but I managed.

I had flown in especially to see the Scorsese Exhibit and you can read about the rest of the trip here.
 
I flew back a little better than when I left but not much. I had one days rest before managing a two day whirlwind visit from the lovely author (and friend) Anita Heiss. I collected her from the airport and we had a chance to catch up. The Friday evening we had a lovely girls night out dinner with her in conversation with Carol Duncan at Custom Espresso at Speers Point. What a great night we had, the cafe were spectacular. After we headed out for drinks and dancing, and a good time was had by all.




 
The following day Anita came to my lovely Swansea Library for a well attended talk and we had a great lunch after at Caves Beach Hotel before I took her back to the airport. What a delight, and inspiration Anita it, I adore her so.





Despite still feeling poorly I soldiered on.
 
E, C, and I had pizza at Foghorn before being blown away by Eight Days a Week: the Beatles documentary and concert. I cannot speak highly enough of it, what pure joy it gave me!!!


A, L, and I took a trip to The Regal to see Hello, My Name is Doris starring the eternally youthful Sally Field. What a delight this film was, about an aging woman dealing with life after her elderly mother dies. 


The third film I saw this month was Bridget Jones Baby with my gals at gold class. I enjoyed the movie, it was fun, but felt the storyline had strayed from the original character we loved so much!
 
I finally caught up with the lovely J for a sublime lunch at Rustica. Oh my, the food was great, but the company better and fun! 





 
My lovely niece turned 9 and we had a large family celebration at the restaurant of her choice...she choose the all you can eat at East Maitland Bowling Club, bless her little socks, that way she could have pizza, and chips, and all the foods at once!
 
Despite work still continuing to be challenging on one small but very time consuming aspect, we managed some great work, with school holiday activities, Goosebumps Party, Tai Chi for Seniors, Shelving changes, and of course the visit from Anita Heiss.



 

The month ended with fun at The Edwards for their inaugural Gilmore Girls event, where a group of us watched episodes, ate up big, and played bingo and trivia. What fun!!!!! 




And as always some pics from around and about!




No comments: