Monday, March 15, 2021

FEBRUARY DIARY

February was a delight. I really feel like I am settling into my new job, such things take a few months. We have made a few changes, the customers love them. My team are lovely, the customers are lovely, we have commenced our programming and whilst we are flat chat, it is fun. My health has been great, my love life is wonderful. (the cynic in me is waiting to fall over, but the Pollyanna in me is reveling in it all).

I have enrolled in an online course to complete Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. I have wanted to study something new in terms of work for a while now but between my health and work restructure it has been a bit difficult. I am sure it will take a while to get into the groove of study again, but I do a lot of training and I feel it will be a good skill-set to formally have.

Andrew and I met friends for dinner at Saigon Feast, one of my favourite restaurants. It is low key in decor but high quality in food. I haven't been there in a long time, cause COVID, and felt the quality had slipped a little, but still, it was pretty good. We all then headed to The Civic Theatre to see We Can Be Heroes: Bowie Orchestrated with the George Ellis Symphony Orchestra. The Orchestra were young and brilliant, with a fab Sax soloist. They all looked like they were having so much fun. The vocalists were well matched to various Bowie songs. Jeff Duff, Iota, Steve Kilbey and Chris Cooke. Iota, in particular killed! Robyn Loau was their back up singer and guest vocalist on Under Pressure, what a stunning voice and presence. We just loved the show, it was a great mix of Bowie's greatest hits, we danced in our seats and sang along. Such joy!









I headed back to choir for the year. We are still singing outdoors at the foreshore, which adds the chill and meditative atmosphere that is choir. Such a delight!




We also had the pleasure of seeing Julia Gillard in conversation with Rosemarie Milsom at NEX. What an amazing woman, so poised, so intelligent, so funny. She told stories of politics and feminism and had the huge audience in the palm of her hand. If you missed out, you can listen to the podcast here. After a group of us headed to The Edwards for supper, drinks, and chats and a great time was had by all.





I celebrated Valentine's Day for the first time in a long long time with a lovely lunch with my love at Emilios at Warners Bay. The long time Newcastle establishment moved to WB just before Christmas and I have been busting to try it out. We had the most amazing lunch, and we'll be back.




I caught up with a lovely friend I have not seen in ages for a mid week meal at the Lambton Park Hotel, always a great meal there we enjoyed ourselves with much catching up and chatter.

I headed into Civic Park mid month as part of the New Annual festival. The brilliant Catapult dance group had a new show called Acquist, which is basically the group dancing on water in the Civic Park Fountain! This was just as amazing as you can imagine, and then some. The park was buzzing on this balmy Friday night and we watched the show on sunset. Sadly we were not allowed to take photos, but I snuck a few in on the end. The grace and agility these dancers showed was awe inspiring, and the entire audience was mesmerised at the athleticism and beauty of the show. You can see a preview video from the group at this link.








My bookclub commenced it's 2021 season towards the end of the month, at The Edwards, we had a great turn out and wonderful conversation.

As usual I headed to my beloved markets, and did a few Book reviewing gigs at 1233 ABC with Craig Hamilton.







Here are my reviews for the month

And a little bit of photography.









No comments: