Monday, December 6, 2021

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER DIARY

 August has us going into lockdown a few days in, where we stayed for a couple of months. 

During this time, I worked from home and worked behind closed doors. Working in a library without customers feels odd, but also gave us a great - once in a lifetime - opportunity to really give everything a go over. Collections were rearranged, culled, tidied. Cool books were pulled out for displays, cupboards were tidied, filing cabinets cleared, admin on top of, and heaps of forward and strategic planning with heaps of amazing ideas and programs and events we are working on. Also loads of staff training. We also commenced a click and collect, before opening back up. Opening back up has been challenging, following health orders and keeping people safe, not everyone in the community liked this. But luckily most have, and were grateful and happy to be back in our hallowed halls, as were we to see them back!

I was also studying, studying, studying during this time. So most of my free time went to my course. 

And no Andrew during this time either, which was pretty shit!

Soccer games were missed bar that first one we got to in early August, family events went to zoom, events and concerts postponed, friends were also missed and catch ups via zoom for drinkies. Bookclub also went to zoom...I think we all got a little bit sick of zoom!



I managed to get my breast check up in, albeit a bit later than normal and am thrilled to say I am now 3 and a half years free of cancer. The further away I am from it, the more worried I get at each check up. Please go and get your boobs checked, it is not scary and I will always be here to come with if you need me.

And, most importantly, I got vaccinated!!!

I watched a few online author talks, John Safran, Lily Brett, David Sedaris, Fran Lebowitz and Anita Heiss joined our bookclub to talk about her extraordinary book, Bila Yarrudhanggalangdhuray.




The lovely Jayne organised a trivia night for us and our families which, whilst on zoom, was a lot of fun.

And then, just like that, we opened back up again. We had a family dinner. Linda and I made it to a French Friday to see the wonderful film, Eiffel, about Gustave Eiffel and his amazing constructions. Birthdays were celebrated in person. We even had a picnic.











The markets, as always, were my constant.














There was a little more time to view, but my reading mojo was all over the shop, here are my reviews for that time:

August/September

October

ANd the usual pics:













No comments: