Tuesday, January 10, 2023

DECEMBER DIARY

December went by in a blur!

I started the month at the retirement/farewell of a lovely colleague at Pippys. A good time was had by all.

I did my final radio gig for the year, reviewing Richard E Grant's A Pocketful of Happiness. I always love this gig, and look forward to more in 2023.

Dad has his birthday and we celebrated with a family dinner at the local pub, followed by cake and frivolity.

Because I am still without a car I pared back my social occasions, but the few I had were really enjoyable.

A work dinner at The Bavarian at Charlestown.


Lunch with Jen at Cardiff Bowling Club where we had a great meal prepared by The Blind Chef.

Brunch with Cathy at Poppys which is such a beautiful venue. It is an amazing cafe inside the Garden Centre out at Gateshead of all places. A little piece of paradise tucked away.



Our Belmont team got together, at The Gunyah, to celebrate another successful year.


My gorgeous gals came out to collect me and we had a lovely celebration at Sephardim Tappas. The food was amazing!



The weekend before Christmas I headed to Sydney to meet Andrew and we went to see Nick Cave at the Sydney Opera House. We had a great dinner at Rossini prior to the show and breakfast in the city the following day before heading home for that final week before christmas.




And that week went fast, before I knew it I was at my sister's property for our Christmas Eve tradition, BBQ, snacks, drinks, chats, and a few games of Pool. 



The next day was a blur of presents, breakfast, naps, lunch, collecting Andrew in the late afternoon and then supper at my parents. It was all quite lovely.

My birthday was a quiet affair, a laid back day filled with greetings, love, and a visit from Mary. I felt the love. We headed out for a family dinner at The Gunyah Hotel. Always a great meal.


After a days rest, Andrew and I headed back to Sydney. We visited family and watched tele and napped. 

NYE was quiet but lovely as Andrew prepared a roast, I read my book, and we watched some tele and movies with the fireworks (outside and on tele) finishing the year.


Here are my reviews for December.

Stay tuned for my year wrap up and my lists for 2022.


 

No comments: