Wednesday, December 19, 2018

NOVEMBER ROUND UP

November, like many months this year, was challenging.

My health took a other turn with my leg infection spreading to a kidney infection. I ended up back in hospital for a kidney biopsy. Whilst not painful it was a invasive and uncomfortable procedure laying me low on the couch again. Luckily everything was ok, I did have a secondary infection (from the leg infection, which was from a throat infection, because of my compromised immunity due to radiation from the cancer...sigh) but it should right itself as my legs heal. What a relief.

Work was crazy busy working on my projects, and having them received well.

We commenced the month as we always do celebrating my bil's birthday, this year at the Junction Hotel at Raymond Terrace, always a good feed there. I also had a great burger meal with Julie at 16s.

My lovely niece got to march around with her all girl soccer team prior to the big Matilda's game and we all gather to watch her and the game which was a thrilling 5 Nil win.



This month's One Song Sing was Silverchair's Straight Lines at the Newcastle Museum in the BHP room - it doesn't get much more Newy than that!!!



We celebrated my bestie, Cathy's birthday with Doctor Who and some Thai!

My friend Vince, has a new band, decades after playing keyboard in the Rockmelons and has been writing songs. I took time to go and listen and help critique all the original material and take some photos of them. It was a great afternoon and all they need is a little bit of polish and they'll be out there for us all to listen to! I can't wait!


Our bookclub ended the year talking about Heather Rose's sublime Museum of Modern Love and having a great meal at Talulah.



I ended the month at my beloved Tower Cinemas for a final French Friday before the cinema closes down. We ate from the French market and watched the fabulous French film, The Intouchables and it was a fitting farewell to a place that holds a very special place in my heart.





As usual there was the markets.




Plenty of reviews and some extra pics.








No comments: