Monday, April 19, 2021

MARCH DIARY

March was busy, huge and busy.

I have commenced an online course, a Certificate IV in training and assessment. I have wanted to return to study for a while and this seemed a good one. There are other complicated reasons why I choose that one, but too much to go into here. It is meant to take a year but can be accelerated, which I am hoping to do. I started early March, and getting back into the rhythm of study on top of FT work is challenging. I did my entire Uni course while I worked so surely this won't be so bad. Famous Last Words!! The first subject was dull and whilst not difficult, it was very very time consuming, so unsure how this accelerated thing will go. But I am giving it a red hot shot!

I also enrolled in another Art Course from the National Gallery of Victoria, this time, Women in Art and Design, which was absolutely fascinating. So many amazing women out there creating, new and old, it made me smile.

Early in the month we held our first post COVID author talk at work, with Lee Christine, talking about her latest murder thriller. We had a good turn up, and it was a lovely afternoon. A lot of non-Belmont customers who raved about our lovely branch!



Friends organised a night out for dinner and Yes Commissioner. We had a banquet dinner at Cafe Limoo on Beaumont. It is Persian food and outstanding, highly recommend a meal there. We then walked up to The Gal for a night of seat dancing and singing along to Yes Commissioner, always a great night out, we really had fun.




I booked a live stream of Caitlin Moran from the Opera House, she was streaming in from the UK, so no point being in the audience. She was in conversation with Yumi Stynes and was as fabulous and witty as you can imagine. She talked about her book/s, life in covid, and everything in between.

I even managed a night back at Choir, we have been singing outside for a little while, and it is a delight. Singing at the carraige sheds at the foreshore, lovely breeze off the water, warm, sunsets, birds joining in, and the odd boat leaving the harbour. Good for the soul!



Linda, Andrew, and I caught a play at Newcastle Theatre Company at Lambton. The play was called The Road to Tibooburra and featured the music of Steve Kilbey from The Church. Steve was in the house that afternoon, so that was super exciting. It is about a rock legend and his group of musicians and followers on heading to the outback for a concert and things that happen along the way. The musician was played by Peter Fenton, who I loved in Praise and an Aussie drama from called Love is a Four Letter Word. He was excellent, the music was exceptional, but the play lacked plot and direction. The later was made up for by the music, so it wasn't bad. But then just before the end they moved the entire audience to another area to see a misguided indigenous scene that made me feel very uncomfortable for numerous reasons, not least many elderly people squished into a small room during what was still COVID. This pushed the whole thing out over an hour of it's running time which was frustrating when we had places to be by certain times. Sadly it left an odd, annoyed taste in my mouth but the music was great and it was nice to be in an audience with Kilbey.




Work had a mini writers festival and I caught one session (study, urgh!!!!) on writing autobiographical works, it was a great panel with amazing authors including, Susan Francis. It was at the old Rathmines Hall which has been done up beautifully, if you are out that way, you must check it out!


I also managed dinner out at the local pub, book club, and a few radio spots.


Plus the usual markets, and reviews.







And Photography










No comments: