Monday, July 5, 2021

MAY DIARY

May commenced with loads of frivolity and fun, cause life really should be like that, and it continued throughout the month as you can see!

Life is for living!!!

We headed to The Grand with friends for dinner, and then downstairs to The Basement for an 80s night. It was the anniversary of Depeche Mode's Violator, and they played that in full, before a range of other Depeche Mode, New Order, The Jam, Bowie, The Smiths, and on and on. So. Much. Fun. I never thought I'd be dancing to Blue Monday when I was 50, but bloody hell, bring it on!



The following day was our 6 month anniversary so we celebrated with a wonderful brunch at The Edwards, where we went for brunch on our second date, in the same table also. I cannot begin to say how happy I am to have found Andrew and how wonderful he is and how well we work together as a couple. Without turning into that person, life is bliss with him around. We followed brunch with a visit to the record fair and bagged some bargains.











Work continued to be busy, and we had some fun and dressed up for Star Wars Day on May the 4th.



I took Mum and Dad out for Mother's Day lunch at The Junction Inn, we had a great meal. Mum was still recovering from her knee replacement surgery, but going well.

I caught up with lovely Kylie for brunch at Wickham Boatshed, it was a stunning day, we had a lovely brunch and catch up.


I caught up with my gorgeous gals for a catch up and meal out. We headed to the new Piazza Mercato. Amazing meal, totally recommend.

A group of us hit The Stag for dinner and music mid month. We had a good, albeit, very late (poor service) meal before seeing Dave Graney and Clare Moore. I love their unique, no fucks given music. Laid back and sublime, cool as fuck with the right attitude too. 






May was Jane Austen month at Bookclub, and we all enjoyed talking about all things Austen at a new venue, the Creative Common at Hamilton.

Andrew's birthday was late May, I took him out to Lizotte's on his birthday eve for dinner and the John Waters Lennon show. What a spectacular night, Andrew loved my beloved Lizotte's, our meal was delicious, we had a table close to the stage, and just loved the show. He had seen it many times, and it is a favourite, I had never, and just was in awe at Water's ability to channel Lennon in the most respectful way. The band were tight, his singing stunning. I was overcome at points. What a special way to spend the birthday.




The next day we headed to Sydney for a weekend away. This was Andrew showing me his favourite parts of Sydney. We had Italian in Leichhardt Friday night. We were up early and over to Manly, via a ferry, for brunch and a shop and wander along the beach Saturday morning. Then over to Luna Park, which is currently closed, to take some pics. Saturday night was special, with Andrew taking me up Sydney tower for dinner at the fancy revolving restaurant there. The food was divine, the views magnificent.
























Sunday was lowkey, and we headed home, how lucky was I to be treated like that.

We ended the month with a trip to The Cambridge to see You Am I. Funnily enough, I had never seen them live. Tim so many times, but not the band. We scored a good spot with stools at the front right of the stage and waited. They didn't let us down, playing a rocking set, with swagger and humour, as you can imagine. Was totally worth the wait.








There was only one market visit.



The usual reviews.

And some additional pics.






No comments: