Monday, January 17, 2022

DECEMBER DIARY

December commenced with a work evening at The Gunyah to celebrate our lovely, newish team. I have been working at Belmont Library for a year now and just loving the experience. It is a busy medium sized library with a great collection of stock and plenty of space for our customers to sit and chill, research, read, and enjoy the space. Obviously COVID puts the breaks on some of this. The customers are wide and varied and mostly really nice. My team are a range of really interesting and lovely part-timers. We are working together well, all learning from each other and having fun. So after a hard year trying to do our best in a pandemic (!!??!!) it was nice to sit back and enjoy the views at The Gunyah and celebrate the festive season and our achievements and look towards a fruitful 2022.

I had a fabulous gals night out at Romberg's, the fancy bar at the top of the old Council Chambers which is know a fancy hotel called The Kingsley. We had a great night of cocktails, nibbles, chatter and splendorous views. 









Andrew and I had a date night and headed to Thai at the rooftops at Kotara and then see Dune. The Thai, the best I have ever had, was a great as always. Dune was epic and stunning. A visual masterpiece and compelling storytelling with a magnificent cast, bring on more!


We also had a lovely pizza lunch at Merewether Surfhouse on an overcast but warm Monday. The food was exceptional, and the views divine. After a walk along the boardwalk and some picture taking was a must.





We had a family dinner out for Dad's Birthday at our fave pub and I finished up work for the year by meeting C at Mawson's Cafe at Caves Beach. Mawson's is a huge cafe in the new complex behind Caves Beach Hotel, great menu and relaxed service and very quiet so you felt safe in these crazy times. It was the perfect start to my little break.

I also caught up with D at Honeysuckle, where we sat near the harbour and caught up after nearly a year apart due to covid and general busy.




Christmas was out usual traditions, spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at my sister's property with the family, and Andrew joined us for Christmas Night at my parents.




Being a Christmas Baby, born on Boxing Day, we had a late brunch on Beaumont and Dinner at The Gunyah with the family.








In between Christmas and New Year I finished my final assessment for the Cert IV course I have been doing all year. It was a great feeling to finally finish it!

I had a lovely New Years Eve breakfast with my gals and then went into isolation as a close contact. So my year ended solo and early, but that is ok.


As usual, the markets.





My reviews for the month.

And some photos!












No comments: