Saturday, November 7, 2015

Perfect Songs

I’ve been thinking about a new side project for the blog, writing about songs I love, which I’ve done before but not consistently. In fact I’ve been thinking about it for a while and making notes but not really done anything.

I thought I would call it Perfect Songs. Well, perfect according to me. I often say such and such is a perfect song and that is a bold statement I know.

So what makes a song perfect? That is what each blog will be about; I’ll randomly write about songs and why I think they are perfect.

I’m not a musicologist but I know my stuff, and more importantly I know what like. These are songs that mean something to me, have a story behind them, make me feel great and usually (though not always) are musical masterpieces…well at least in my mind. These songs I can listen to over and over again and never tire of them no matter what.

While I’ve been thinking about these songs I have been making a list but I think I will let the universe guide which ones I use and when. That is when I hear one of these songs I will write about them.

I will update this particular piece with each song as I write about them so they are all in one place.


And because I have been listening to Jeff Buckley’s Grace lately and playing my favourite track over and over, I am going to start with it: Last Goodbye.

No comments: