Wednesday, March 16, 2022

2021/2022

So 2021!

It has taken me ages to write up this!

So here is the year that was, and what a year it was!

COVID

Well this was quite the challenge...again...as I suspected it would be.

I still do not think we are over this, and that it will still linger for a while, but I do think it is easing somewhat.

I also still think we have much to learn from COVID.

For me, there are 2 big things that I think we all should learn from it.

1/ We need to look after our earth and it's inhabitants much better. Because if we were doing that, COVID may not have happened or spread as it has.

2/ We need to learn that slowing down and not being so frantic in our lives is a good thing. To really sit back and enjoy, smell the flowers, watch the clouds, and just be. While I missed my friends and family, and some cultural pursuits, I really didn't miss things anywhere near as much as you would think. So I am being far more choosier with my adventures than in the past. Try not to jump onto bandwagons (which has never really been my thing thankfully) or do that FOMO thing. I think that fucks with people's mental health.

This is fairly similar to what I said at the beginning of this year, but I feel the need to reiterate.

2021: the hopes...

I said I wouldn't think about what I cannot do but what I could do. I did this and it worked! And to appreciate what I had, again yes! I wanted a productive and fun year at work and I definitely had that. And for my health to continue to improve, and slowly it is, still much work to do there.

2021: the reality

It was up and down, being separated from Andrew for many months was not great, but we got through it and are solid, so that is important.

Study nearly broke me, many times. It was difficult to juggle such a labour intensive and time consuming course on top of FT work and COVID, but I got there, so that was great and a huge relief.

I did get out to quite a bit of social activity, Julia Gillard, art exhibitions, the markets, dance, catching up with friends, concerts including You Am I, Dave Graney, John Waters, Yes Commissioner, even dancing. I also caught a lot of events on streaming. And I went to my first Supa Nova, what fun!

So 2022, what do I want...

Firstly I finished my course which allows me to teach Library at TAFE and I commenced my first stint at the end of January and whilst it is a bit of work, I am absolutely loving it.

My regular FT gig at Belmont is going from strength to strength.

So I want to be able to juggle both without too much stress and continue to enjoy and feel inspired by both of them.

I want to read more, I need to read more, I missed that last year when study took up so much time,

I need to utilise my creativity more, for the same reasons, writing mostly, but I have also been inspired to think about painting and drawing, so we will see.

I want to balance my social activities, I do not have to go to everything, just choice gigs that are unmissable or to be with friends.

I need to continue working on my health.

My study needs a revamp.

Mostly I want to explore new places, locally or close to home (maybe further if covid allows), enjoy being out and about, preferably with Andrew, take pictures, walk and soak up the world I live in.

So 2022, bring it on!!!!

No comments: