Tuesday, October 31, 2017

SEPTEMBER ROUND UP

September - where did you go!?!

September was a blur of so much busy I cannot believe I got through it in one piece.

Work was huge, we opened SEEN@Swansea, an exhibition space adjacent to the library. My role is managing the volunteers who oversee the space. This including recruiting, and training them which was a huge undertaking. And working on events to go with each exhibition, openings, school holiday activities, school visits, and other events. This was initially like taking on a second job on top of my usual work. Then once that settled I had to play catch up. But you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way. 




My health, mental and otherwise withstood the month splendidly too, I am still anemic and still don't have any answers, but I have not been as exhausted as I was so that is good.

The month actually started with Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice at the Civic. It was an excellent production, and I got to christen my lovely silk scarf with Shakespeare's Sonnets on it.


My nephew's soccer team won their grand final, in a nail biting match which was fabulous and exciting. We followed up the next day with family celebrations for Father's Day. And later in the month my niece's special all girls soccer team participated in the Matildas Vs Brazil game. What a great night, I got quite teary seeing all these young girls marching around the stadium, our future!!!! And the game was a great one.




Our choir joined One Song Sing again, this month singing Bic Runga's Sway. probably our best song to date.



French Friday came around again, and we had some yummy delicacies from the French markets before the film, which was a very dramatic one.


My lovely niece turned 10 towards the end of the month and we celebrated at her place of choice, Billabongs all you can eat at East Maitland, lol!

I also spent a day wandering around Newcastle, which was a sheer delight. So many boats going in and out of the harbour that day, and a yummy lunch at Nobbys.










I also had breakfast at Empire Cafe, the Star Wars cafe on Honeysuckle prior to a conference at Newcastle Museum.





The month ended with a great night of cocktails and tapas with my lovely friend D at Serhapdim. We've been friend since Kindy, and truly there is nothing better than these lovely long friendships.




As you can imagine my reviews were minor this month due to being so busy at work, you can read about them here.


And here are some extra pics.











No comments: