Monday, July 30, 2018

JUNE ROUND UP

June was fairly quiet, still recovering from radiation treatment which finished up the week after the Queen's Birthday weekend. Things were fairly laid back and I did spend the middle part of the month in a huge amount of pain. But by the end of the month, I was starting to heal properly.

In the midst of the pain, I did head out to Lizottes with Vince to see Martini Lounge. I had gotten the tickets earlier and not thought about how I would be feeling, but I dressed up and tried to put the pain behind me and had a good night. The show itself was great, but not exactly what we had in mind. It was a mix of jazz and blues with some Burlesque thrown in. We wanted more lounge music, of which there was none, and I thought - while tastefully done - there was a little bit too much Burlesque. 






Mum and Dad took me to lunch at The Gunyah at Belmont for an amazing Seafood lunch, highly recommend.




Friends came to visit, I attended our bookclub, and we celebrated Mum's Birthday.

On a good day, I headed into the beach for lunch and some sunshine.





I also headed to the cinema to see Jurassic Park and Oceans 8. I saw Jurassic Park solo, and just loved it. OTT, big Dinosaurs, a little Jeff Goldblum, what more do you want! I saw Oceans 8 with Belinda, and we had a blast. This was sheer fun, The Met, jewells, amazing costumes, and a great cast!

There was the usual soccer and markets when I felt up to it!








I read and watched a lot!

And took a few pics.





No comments: