Sunday, July 31, 2022

MARCH/APRIL DIARY

March commenced with a visit from my sister from Melbourne, and a lovely night out at Emilios.


Jayne and I headed into City Hall for the Newcastle Writer's Festival Launch with the amazing force of energy that is Costa Georgiadis. Now, I didn't really know much about him or gardening for that matter, and he was so very impressive. His nervous energy was catchy and admirable. He was absolute joy and it was a fabulous way to launch what looked like to be a great program.





Our work held their yearly GLAM conference, and I was lucky enough to attend on the Friday afternoon, listening to some creative and inspiring colleagues and being treated to the fabulousness that is Timberlina. Also these events mean long overdue networking and catch ups with colleagues all over the state.


I had my yearly check-up with my oncologist, the first one in real life for a while. And after 4 years I was discharged, what a relief and odd feeling it was. I was very emotional and the tears flowed once I made it to my car. I still need to have my regular breast check ups with my surgeon of course, but one more milestone passed and behind me. Whilst being a cancer survivor is absolutely a gift that I am blissfully aware of every day of my life, it can be a heavy thing to carry around.


We finally got all the gals together and headed back to Rombergs for drinks, supper and chats. It was as impressive as the first time, I don't think those view will ever get old. 




Andrew and I headed to the Burwood Inn for one of their big steaks for lunch one Saturday. I had been promising to take him for ages, and he was super impressed. It is an excellent meal there.



As always the Oscars were celebrated. Every year I say I am going to give it up, but every year I get sucked back into the vortex!

Here are my reviews of some Oscar films.

Here are my predictions.

And here is how I went along with some thoughts and fashion!

I also finished my first TAFE teaching stint at the end of March. I have been teaching Collection Management - my most favourite thing in the whole world of libraries. It was pretty full on juggling the teaching with FT regular work but I got there and enjoyed the experience too.

The month ended with a literary trivia night at The Stag for the NWF. Our group, which was initially 5 but became 3 ended up coming second, which was pretty impressive. It was such a fun night.



April commence with the Newcastle Writers Festival, as always it was magical and wonderful, you can read about it here.

Due to our brilliance at the literary trivia night, we won a table at the Moho Magic Bar that was in town, so headed there for an early show. What fun it was. We sat at a bar, where roving magicians moved around and did amazing tricks right in front of us. Some lovely cocktails were had, and many laughs.







I headed to our Toronto Branch to do a little guest gig, as you can see the views there are unparalleled. I don't think I could work there, well, I wouldn't get much work done!



We also had a belated Christmas dinner for work at The Argy Hotel and also had a go at their trivia.

I had a lovely 2.5 weeks off around Easter, commencing with a lovely family gathering at my sister's on Easter Sunday, then I spent the first week with Andrew at his place, which was a nice break, returning to celebrate my sister's birthday. MY second week was a chill week catching up on jobs around Club Cathy and catching up with friends and taking in the beauty that is Newcastle.












The month ended with a trip to Maitland and Morpeth, with a great lunch - as always - at Morpeth Pub.







AS always there were markets.










Bookclub and my radio spot at the ABC.




And some photography



















No comments: