Saturday, October 10, 2009

CONCERT: TWO SYMPHONIES & A FUNERAL

LOCATION: Civic Theatre, Newcastle

DATE: Friday 17 July, 2009

WITH: Keryl

This wonderful performance from Sydney Symphony was perfect. They performed Bach (Symphony in G minor), Mozart (Piano Concerto No 11 in F and Eine kleine Nachtmusik) and Haydn (Symphony No. 44 in E minor). Again, this was a while ago and I find it hard to describe the evening, we had excellent seats upstairs, with a great view of the orchestra - I love watching classical musicians, the small woodwind section were cheeky and smooth, the string section austere and perfect. There was a harpsichord - always gorgeous to hear - I think at the beginning, therefore the Bach piece. I find it hard to describe or write about classical music, but suffice to say it always calms me and makes me feel just right if that makes sense. Everyone should go to a classical recital at least once in their life. It was also lovely to hear a popular and well known tune like Eine kleine Nachtmusik done beautifully, you hear little nuances when known pieces are done live.

No comments: