Friday, January 15, 2010

The B-52s

B-52s

How I love these guys, the costumes, the hair, the oddness. I could have included Rock Lobster, or Quiche Lorraine or Planet Claire or even Love Shack but that would have been obvious. I choose the songs that back why I really love these guys, great pop sensibilities with really soaring harmonies and vocals. Their new album is not bad, they still have it, never seen them live, shame, not sure how they would be these days, they do look a little botoxed, but hopefully they sound ok!

TRACK EIGHT: Deadbeat Club
Both tracks are from my favourite album, Cosmic Thing. The harmonies are high and lush, the beat addictive on this one. Highly listenable and makes you get up and dance.

TRACK NINE: Roam
A little rockier, but still perfect pop. This is a standout, "hip to hip, rockin' through the wilderness" - yes please! Not normally a fan of 'clapping' in songs, a bit wanky, but I always clap with the claps in this one.

No comments: