Tuesday, January 26, 2010

COMEDY: WHARF REVIEW

LOCATION: Civic Theatre, Newcastle

DATE: Friday 23 October, 2009

WITH: Mary, Keryl

What a blast this was, my first Wharf Review, not sure why I have not seen one before, but cannot wait for the next. So much happens, what talented, clever and witty people they are. All the politics (and other bits, but mostly politics) were set to fast, flashy music - things you would know. The first section was the Rudd Government and others set to Harry Potter, incredibly clever and very funny. My ribs and cheeks hurt from the get go, not a person was spared, past and present.

I would do no justice is trying to retell any of the gags, but they were funny. There were Supremes numbers, a bit of Cohen, standards, you name it - the songs chosen and the lyrics changed suited each position. There was film and sight gags, lots of dress ups and great singing and playing. I for one will be back this year.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Can't wait for Wharf Revue 2010!

Cathy said...

Snap, me too!