Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WOMEN OF LETTERS: To my most treasured possession

To my most treasured possession,

You are the thing I would take with me if I could only take one thing.

You are the thing I love the most in the entire world.

I would rummage for you if - god forbid - I had to evacuate my home.

In fact, I have you placed in a secret, but very special and easily accessible place in case I need to leave quickly.

I remember the day I was robbed, as I entered the room you live in and realised lots of my antique and irreplaceable jewellery were stolen and I began to sob...but then I thought of you and almost passed out, but you were still there...I would do anything to retrieve my gemstone from Africa and my grandmother's engagement ring and my graduation watch BUT if you had gone missing, I think I would have ended it all.

You are one of my reason's for living - well what you represent.

You represent music - music is not my first love, but that dearest to me. AND of music you represent the VERY best there is.

You represent experience - not my experience, but an experience that was passed on to me in the tradition of storytelling I love so much.

You represent pride - I am so proud to have you as my personal possession.

You represent history - cause it does not get much more historic - in a musical sense.

Finally, you represent love - you were given to me out of love and pride all those wonderful things.

You are in pristine condition because I look after you as my father did before me.

You are my father's ticket he kept when he saw The Beatles back on June 20th, 1964 - Sydney Stadium.

You are a small piece of cardboard, with black writing on a lovely reddy pink and rose pink background.

But the thought of you makes me feel so very special, so connected and so loved.


No comments: