Friday, September 21, 2012

MOST OF US NEED THE EGGS GOES ON HOLIDAYS

Most Of Us Need The Eggs will be taking a break in usual transmissions to bring you Most Of Us Need The Eggs Goes On Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am heading off on a European Vacation (cue Holiday Road by Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks) for 6 weeks and rather than prep a brand new blog I figure here is as good a place as any.

I am hoping to bring you photos, stories and laughs from the road - time and wifi pending of course.

So where am I headed and with whom?????

I am off to Italy and France with my sister, Amanda, and my parents for some of the way too. My cousin, Demi, is getting married to the gorgeous Daniel in Italy (Vernazza to be exact) so other family members and their friends will also be along for the first part of our journey.

The trip is divided into the following legs:

1. Getting there - leaving today for Sydney and flying out tomorrow morning via a longish stopover at Hong Kong Airport.

2. What I like to call the Wedding Leg :) - Arrive in Milan for 2 nights on Sunday with the wedding party, family and friends. Mum and Dad left yesterday via Abu Dhabi so they will have arrived in Milan a day earlier than us. Then from Milan we all head to Cinque Terre via Parma. We are staying in villas in Vernazza (part of Cinque Terre) for 4 nights, the final day/night being THE WEDDING!!!!!!!!!

3. Then we head to Rome for 5 nights where we pick up with a Trafalgar tour that will take us to Pompeii, The Amalfi Coast, Isle of Capri, Positano, Florence and Venice.

4. From Venice we are hiring a car to drive to Marseille via Verona, Lake Garda, Mondena, Maranello, Parma, Monaco, Nice, Cannes, Grasse, St Raphael, St Tropez, Brignoles, Aix-en-Provence!

5. Fast train from Marseille to Paris for 16 nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paris has always been THE destination since I was about 13, always a Francophile, I will be testing my 6 years of school French out, lol, I should be fluent - I am not! Thanks Mrs Kumar (French teacher who was more interested in dancing on tables to Edith Piaf than teaching the actual syllabus!). As a beret loving, pastry and cake addict, Depardieu is god, and French Film nut I will be in heaven, wandering those amazing streets.

It will be a blast I am sure, I feel excited, nervous (not a great flyer) and a little emotional at the moment (as much as I like travelling and exploring, I do like my creature comforts and 6 weeks is a long time to be away from home). I cannot wait to see as much Art and Architecture, History and Culture as I can find and meet all those wonderful Italian and French citizens!

So I hope I do not annoy you all with my ramblings from the road.

Stay tuned for the next - and hopefully much more interesting installment!

Au Revoir and Arrivedeci!!

Cathy xoxo


Sorry, I couldn't help myself and I really hope we do not have the following experience, LOL!!!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy - just mananged to read your first blog during my morning tea break - you will have a great time especially in Cinceterra - im told its an amazing place, and we hope to be there in 2015 for a Friends Birthday. Make sure you buy a bottle if Italian Vino, so Salami and cheese and sit outside in the courtyard of your villa and enjoy the sunsets.:) Todd

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweets - so glad you added the footage from European Vacation - as i started reading your blog the music was going through my head lol - have a blast and see you soon - oh and to get over nerves on plane - just drink a few champers darling xxxxx Love Sal xxxxx

Anonymous said...

ankiTodd - that sounds like a very good plan - vino, salami, cheese, relax and sunset - so very me too :)

Sal - 10am tomorrow may be a bit early for champers, but I suppose it would be evening in Italy so I may as well get onto their time now ;)

Hope you enjoy the blogging!
Love, Cathy xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rock-on Cathy!
Bon voyage,
Graham.

Unknown said...

Hope you get a pizza da action in Roma and a taste of the Trifle Tower in Paris! Loved the video clip too!

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Am going to be keenly reading (even though I'll be a deep shade of green!) Enjoy xLinda

Cathy said...

Hey, all going well after some mild hiccups, just written another post, but struggling to attach photos...not used to Amanda's iPad, and she has crashed. Will have to wait until tomorrow.