Saturday, November 22, 2014

MELBOURNE ARCHITECTURE

After writing my last post about the Docklands Library it made me think about all the wonderful pieces of architecture that make Melbourne Melbourne!

I always take a lot of photos of these building and thought I would share a few here.


Let's start with old favourites:

This is my all time favourite building, The Royal Exhibition Centre.


Also, The Forum on Flinders Street

Flinders Street Station


And this gothic structure on Collins...it has gargoyles!!


And this view back to the MCG...makes me play Paul Kelly songs in my head!


I always take a photo of this corner building, just near where I stay on the corner of Collins and Elizabeth. I have no idea what is in the building, there is an Optus store below, also as you go up Elizabeth Street, you can see a range of edifices of more amazing old buildings. 


333 Collins Street, has the most amazing foyer and dome, it is right next to where I stay, so I always love to look up and admire, here it is ready for Christmas.


I love this sculpture further along Collins


And the Block and Royal Arcades


And the spot where my beloved Degreaves Lane meets Centre Place


Here are some other amazing buildings I saw this time:

This unusual high flyer up Elizabeth Street


Fabulous colours, viewed from the NGV Sculpture gardens


New vs Old at the new Emporium shopping centre


Parliament House


Sheer glass up the other end of Bourke Street


This funky joint near Docklands


And this deco beauty on Queen Street


And a little bit of hidden Melbourne:
The first is the view from my apartment, you can see the gold of Flinders Station middle right.






Some lovely pieces with intricate work:





And some lovely Melbourne sky shots:





No comments: