Friday, August 7, 2009

AC/DC

The first amusing switch of the project - ABBA to AC/DC :)

AC/DC are an old favourite of mine - thanks to Countdown (another institution you will hear a lot of in these postings) I just could not decide on which songs to include, each one rocks out and kills. I mean Bon on that flat bed truck in Melbourne singing Long way to the top is as classic as it gets. I have a lot of AC/DC discs and I find it really hard to say I prefer Bon to Brian. I mean Bon's voice is distinct - A purer roughness if you will, but Brian came in, was not afraid (well i am sure he was, but you never noticed it in his voice) and belted it out of the park with Back in Black. Its my favourite album and the song I choose is my favourite song off that album.

TRACK THREE: You shook me all night long
This song kicks arse - it rocks and as much as I love melodic music, I am a rock 'n' roll chick through and through. Like all of Angus's playing the opening riff is a classic and within the that first 30 seconds you get 2 - the slower (huh!) guitar riff until that first drum beat at 15 seconds and the second more reconisible riff until Brian jumps in with "she was a fast machine" I mean this song, is dirty and sexy and I just love it. "The walls were shaking, the earth was quaking and my mind was aching". Tight drumming, ace guitar work, pounding rhythm, great lyrics and you kind of go Bon who? (sorry Bon, RIP)

2 comments:

Vince Dale said...

In the Rockmelons, we covered Jailbreak, so have a particular affinity to this - with its hoary storyline and video. I liked Bon's vocals in that - so 'delicious' and knowing.

Cathy said...

Ha - love this too, I agree his vocals on this are very cheeky and he sounds good, I cannot get Jailbreak out of my head now, but that's not such a bad thing :) I still cannot believe I onyl went for one song by them and still a little poopy I did not get tickets to see them, such is life...would have loved to hear your version of it too!